Saturday, April 21, 2012

Your Sins WILL Haunt You!

Last spring I bought two beautiful, Japanese clay flower pots to line our sidewalk.

When the snow melted, I noticed one of them was taped together....but no one had mentioned this or came forward to confess. I waited. I knew the tape wouldn't last. I also knew someone had to be watching this with concern.

I am happy to say Zander confessed. We have been having long talks, explaining telling the truth is always better than lying.... lies hurt more than telling the truth....and I was happy today when we discovered this....

...and I asked, "What happened?"  Stacia responded, "I don't know how that tape got there!" ::snort::

Zander said, "Mom, even the plants decided to evacuate!" (You knew there would be a story, right?) He proceeded to tell me the story....and the punch line is...."I threw a hard packed snow ball and knocked it over. I taped it and hoped you wouldn't notice...but that didn't work."

And so he earned himself a ticket for telling the truth - even when it was scary...because I can evidently be terribly frightening!

Choosing Joy!
©2012 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...

No comments: