Thursday, May 10, 2012

White Chicken Enchilada (Cindy's)

This is my friend Cynthia's recipe! It's a keeper. 


12 corn tortillas (I used flour)
1 cup heavy whipping cream (I used 1/2 n 1/2)
2 cups Mexican blend cheese
3 cups chicken, cubed and cooked
1 large onion, sauteed
1 cup roasted red bell pepper strips (canned) or fresh red pepper
4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
12 oz cream cheese, cubed

Mix chicken, onion, red peppers, green chiles, and cream cheese together.  Spread equal amounts onto each of the twelve tortillas.  Roll and place in 9x12 baking dish.  Slowly pour whipping cream over the top allowing it to soak into the shells instead of running to the bottom of the pan.  Sprinkle Mexican blend cheese over the top.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until warmed all the way through.



Next time I will use low fat or fat free cream cheese and maybe decrease to 8 oz from 12 oz...other than that I'm not sure what else to do to lower the calories and cholesterol in this one...but it is YUMMY and  filled my craving for White enchiladas. LOL  Below the info made with my substitutions. 


More of our favorites are at the recipe tab above. 


Choosing Joy!
©2012 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think this will be supper here tonight. Jacob has been asking for enchiladas.